If you’re reading this chances are that, like me, you’re interested in healthy living and try to eat well most of the time. In an ideal world we’d get all the nutrients we need from our food; but sometimes we aren’t always able to manage that. Busy lifestyles and the occasional need for extra or special nutritional requirements mean that supplements can sometimes be a good idea. For this reason I wanted to track down a good range of supplements and other nutritional products that I could offer to clients – and use myself – if necessary. After much research into different brands I’ve settled on Nature’s Sunshine because I’m satisfied that they are top quality, and they are also organically formulated wherever possible. As well as a range of supplements for everyday nutrition, Nature’s Sunshine also offers a variety of sports and fitness products that may be of use to those of us with an active lifestyle.
People sometimes ask me if I take supplements myself. I obviously prefer to get my nutrition from my diet if possible, but even a healthy diet is rarely perfect, so I occasionally take the following.
- If I’ve had a day when I haven’t eaten any foods with omega fats, I take an omega supplement.
- When marathon training I take a magnesium supplement, as this helps with recovery.
- After a long run I take an antioxidant, as hard training can suppress the immune system.
- If I feel a cold coming on I take echinacea and vitamin C to help fight it off!
The Nature’s Sunshine range has over a hundred products. Some of the ones I like best are:
- Defence Maintenance, a great antioxidant blend.
- Omega 3-6-9 for a full range of omega fats.
- Aloe Vera Juice – really nutritious and great for the digestive system.
- Pea Protein Plus – a great protein drink powder that also contains antioxidants and other nutrients – great for athletes.
I could go on! Of course supplements are never a substitute for healthy eating; but there are time when we need a little extra help. You can browse or buy any of the Nature’s Sunshine products here on my website, and also take a lifestyle test to see which supplements might be of benefit to you personally. Feel free to contact me if you’d like any information or advice.